Birthdate - Dec. 15, 1953
* Won his first graded stakes in 2011 when Shkspeare Shaliyah, named for one of his granddaughters, captured the Pilgrim.
* Rode briefly in Guyana before going on to train horses like Guyana Star and Guyana Flyer.
* Moved to the United States in 1984 and launched his own trucking company, D.S. Trucking, which he developed into D&S Logistics, Inc.
* Trained horses in New York from 1991-1995 before leaving the game temporarily to focus on his trucking company. Resumed training in 2010.
* Father, Bulla, trained horses in Guyana.
NOTABLE STAKES WINS
Shkspeare Shaliyah: Pilgrim (2011)
Recent NYRA Statistics:
Gambling Problems? The New York Racing Association encourages responsible wagering.
If gambling is a problem for you or someone you care about, help is available 24 hours a day. Call toll-free 1-877-8-HOPE-NY
©2013 The New York Racing Association. All Rights Reserved.