Birthdate - Nov. 24, 1976
Birthplace - Caracas, Venezuela
Height - 5 feet, 6 inches
Weight - 114 pounds
Website - ramondominguez.com
* Repeat winner of the Outstanding Jockey Eclipse Award in 2011, leading the nation in earnings ($20,267,022), and finishing second in wins (348).
* Regular rider of 2011 Horse of the Year Havre de Grace.
* Won seven consecutive races December 14-15, 2011, setting a new record for consecutive victories by a jockey on the NYRA circuit.
* 2010 Eclipse Award winner as Outstanding Jockey, leading the nation in earnings with $16,911,880, and finishing second in wins (369).
* In 2010, Dominguez repeated as New York’s top rider, winning five of the six NYRA meets and finishing third at Saratoga.
* Rode his 4,000th career winner at Aqueduct on March 19, 2010 aboard Fortyninegeorgest.
* In 2009 swept every NYRA meet in his first full year of riding in New York.
* His 376 wins in 2009 in New York were the most since Steve Cauthen’s 422 wins in 1977.
INTRODUCTION TO RACING
* Began riding horses at age 16 in Venezuela, graduating from show jumpers to racehorses despite his father’s disapproval; came to the United States in 1995.
FIRST WINNER (U.S.)
* Solo Moondance, March 27, 1996, Hialeah
MAJOR NEW YORK STAKES WINS
A.G. Vanderbilt: Fabulous Strike (2009)
Beldame: Havre de Grace (2011); Cocoa Beach (2008); Unbridled Belle (2007)
Empire Classic: Haynesfield (2011, 2009)
Flower Bowl: Stacelita (2011)
Frizette: Sky Diva (2008)
Garden City: Check the Label (2010)
Gotham: Stay Thirsty (2011); Cowtown Cat (2007)
Hopeful: Boys At Tosconova (2010)
Jamaica: Court Vision (2008)
Jockey Club Gold Cup: Haynesfield (2010)
Manhattan: Better Talk Now (2007)
Man o’ War: Gio Ponti (2009-10); Better Talk Now (2005)
Odgen Phipps: Seattle Smooth (2009)
Peter Pan: Alternation (2011)
Prioress: Cat Moves (2009)
Remsen: Old Fashioned (2008)
Spinaway: Grace Hall (2011)
Suburban: Haynesfield (2010)
Sword Dancer Inv.: Better Talk Now (2004)
Vosburgh: Fabulous Strike (2007)
Wood Memorial: Tapit (2004)
Woodward: Havre de Grace (2011)
Woody Stephens: Justin Phillip (2011)
BREEDERS’ CUP WINS
Juvenile: Hansen (2011)
Turf: Better Talk Now (2004)
Recent NYRA Statistics:
Gambling Problems? The New York Racing Association encourages responsible wagering.
If gambling is a problem for you or someone you care about, help is available 24 hours a day. Call toll-free 1-877-8-HOPE-NY
©2013 The New York Racing Association. All Rights Reserved.