Travers is the most popular day during the entire Saratoga summer racing meet, featuring the legendary Travers Stakes, dating back to 1864. Nicknamed Saratoga's Midsummer Derby, it is a Grade 1, $1,250,000 race for 3-year-olds, traditionally held on the last Saturday in August each year.
The Saratoga Track Rules includes the prohibited items list, reserving benches and backyard picnic tables, resale of tickets, and other info.
- All guests are subject to enhanced screening for their safety and security and should allot extra time for arrival.
- Guests will not be permitted to run once inside the property for their safety. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- When saving picnic tables, there is a strict limit of one per person. Any patron caught selling a free picnic table will be subject to expulsion from track grounds.
There are no Clubhouse upgrades on Travers Day.
Travel & Transportation
Saratoga Race Course is located at 267 Union Ave., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
The 147th Running of The Travers presented by NYRA Bets highlights a card that features over $1.6 Million in Guaranteed Wagers for bettors. First Post for the 13-race card will be 11:35am ET on Saturday, August 27. The card will feature 7 Graded Stakes – 6 Grade 1’s. View Full Entries.
- $400,000 Guaranteed Pick 5 begins on Race 1
- $250,000 Guaranteed Pick 6 begins on Race 6
- $1,000,000 Guaranteed Pick 4 begins on Race 8
Ketel One Party at the Post
The fun will continue each Saturday of the season with the Ketel One Party at the Post at The Post Bar / Shake Shack by the Paddock. Saturday evenings at Saratoga will feature music from a DJ following the day’s final race.
Fourstardave Twilight Special
Enjoy 12-ounce draft beers for just $6 from 5-7 p.m. in the Fourstardave Sports Bar.