NYRA to spotlight style during Fashion Saturdays at Saratoga Race Course
by Pat McKenna/Mark Bardack
The 2018 summer meet at Saratoga Race Course will showcase the tradition of style in thoroughbred racing during Fashion Saturdays at the Spa. The first edition of the series will be held on Saturday, July 21.
The weekly event, held each Saturday of the meet from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., will welcome guests to the Coca-Cola Saratoga Pavilion for a boutique-style shopping experience. Guests will enjoy an array of women's and men's fashion apparel, accessories and beauty items from local retailers, as well as a selection of home décor and jewelry.
"Style and fashion are inherently a part of the racing experience and we are excited to honor this custom with Fashion Saturdays at Saratoga Race Course," said NYRA Senior Vice President and Chief Experience Officer Lynn LaRocca. "We encourage fans to join us each Saturday for an afternoon of shopping at the Spa where our guests can find the perfect item to complement their race day ensemble."
Participating vendors for this year's Fashion Saturdays series include:
- Bumble Beads Boutique, offering affordable women's clothing, jewelry, accessories, bridal specialty items and giftware.
- Carol Wells Collection, featuring a selection of equestrian and fashion jewelry made using freshwater cultured pearls, quartz, beach glass and sea shells.
- Complexions Spa, offering wellness and beauty products such as lotions, make-up kits and massage therapy.
- Lifestyles of Saratoga, featuring a collection of women's clothing, jewelry and accessories for shoppers of all ages.
- Miss Scarlett Boutique, offering a hand-picked selection of fashionable dresses, hats, fascinators, jewelry and handbags.
- The National, a classic men's clothing shop featuring quality brands.
- TOGA Heritage, featuring fine goods for the home and office and celebratory gifts which incorporate the culture, tradition and memories of Saratoga.
Shoppers at Fashion Saturdays will also enjoy light music, including jazz and acoustic guitar.
"The National team could not be more excited to participate in Fashion Saturdays at Saratoga Race Course. We are also honored to have a presence in the Grandstand at The Stretch on Saturdays to support the efforts that NYRA has invested in this all-new area to provide yet another memorable guest experience for track goers," said The National Vice-President of Retail Peter Tavares. "Our men's sportswear and accessory options cover the spectrum from casual to business attire."
Fashion Saturdays corresponds with the biggest race days of the season at Saratoga, including the following lineup of major stakes:
- July 21: Grade 1, $500,000 Diana; Grade 3, $150,000 Sanford
- July 28: Grade 1, $350,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap; Grade 2, $600,000 Jim Dandy; Grade 2, $250,000 Bowling Green; Grade 3, $200,000 Amsterdam
- August 4: Grade 1, $1.2 million Whitney; Grade 1, $500,000 Longines Test; Grade 3, $200,000 Fasig-Tipton Waya
- August 11: Grade 1, $500,000 Fourstardave Handicap; Grade 2, $200,000 Adirondack
- August 18: Grade 1, $600,000 Alabama; Grade 2, $300,000 Lake Placid
- August 25: Grade 1, $1.25 million Travers; Grade 1, $1 million Sword Dancer; Grade 1, $700,000 Personal Ensign; Grade 1, $600,000 Forego; Grade 1, $500,000 Ketel One Ballerina; Grade 1, $500,000 H. Allen Jerkens Memorial; Grade 2, $400,000 Woodford Reserve Ballston Spa
- September 1: Grade 1, $750,000 Woodward; Grade 1, $350,000 Spinaway; Grade 3, $300,000 Saranac; Grade 3, $250,000 Glens Falls
Season ticket plans, weekly ticket plans, single-day reserved seats, premium reserved seats in The Stretch, reserved tables in the Miller Lite Picnic Paddock and the Fourstardave Sports Bar, dining and group hospitality are currently on sale and available for purchase.
Season admission passes may be purchased online and in-person at more than 150 Stewart's Shops locations throughout the Capital Region. A season pass provides fans with admission to 40 days of world-class thoroughbred racing at Saratoga Race Course, including the Grade 1 Travers on Saturday, August 25 and the Grade 1 Whitney on Saturday, August 4. The cost of a 2018 Grandstand season pass is $40; a Clubhouse season pass is $65. Season passes do not include reserved seating and are valid for one admission.
Single-day Grandstand admission is $5 and Clubhouse admission is $8 for guests who purchase their tickets prior to the day of the event. Single-day Grandstand admission is $7 and Clubhouse admission is $10 when purchased at the gate.
The 2018 summer meet at Saratoga Race Course, which includes 69 stakes worth $18.8 million in purses, will run from Friday, July 20, through Labor Day, Monday, September 3. After opening weekend, racing will be conducted six days a week, Wednesdays through Mondays. For more information about Saratoga Race Course, visit NYRA.com.