Security procedures for 2017 season at Saratoga Race Course
by Pat McKenna and Mark Bardack
The New York Racing Association, Inc. today reminded guests of the security policies and procedures in place for the 2017 summer meet at Saratoga Race Course.
- Guests will not be permitted to run once inside the property for their safety.
- Guests should allot extra time for arrival due to security screening at the admission gates.
- Coolers are not permitted inside the building or clubhouse at any time.
- Coolers are restricted in size to no larger than 12" x 18" on the trackside apron and Top of the Stretch and must be kept off seats and out of aisles.
- Coolers are subject to search by NYRA security at any time.
- Glass containers are strictly prohibited on track property.
- Pop-up tents and umbrellas are prohibited on the apron, along the paddock, horse path and in the reserved picnic table area in the backyard. NYRA reserves the right to remove items that obstruct views, impede fan safety, or feature competing sponsor logos.
- No storage will be provided for fans arriving or attempting to enter the venue with prohibited items.
- Drones and selfie sticks are not permitted on the grounds at any time.
- There is a strict limit of one picnic table per person. Any guest caught selling a picnic table will be subject to expulsion from track grounds.
- It is a longtime track tradition that a guest can reserve a bench seat or picnic table with a newspaper or program. NYRA asks that guests respect this tradition. NYRA will not intercede with any debate regarding this matter.
- NYRA is not responsible for items left unattended.
- Smoking is prohibited within the building, including reserved seats, box area and all dining areas.