Belmont at the Big A opens Thursday
by Pat McKenna
The 28-day Belmont at the Big A meet will begin on Thursday, September 15 and run through Sunday, October 30. The 10-race Opening Day card is highlighted by the Grade 1, $150,000 Lonesome Glory for older steeplechasers.
Headlined by four Grade 1 races and six “Win and You’re In” qualifiers to the Breeders’ Cup in November at Keeneland, Belmont at the Big A will feature 23 graded events among 41 stakes worth $9.9 million in total purses.
Live racing will be conducted Thursday-Sunday.
Belmont at the Big A post times
· September 15-October 2: 1 p.m.
· September 22/23: 2:05 p.m.
· October 6-October 30: 12:35 p.m.
· Gates open at 11 a.m. on live race days. There is no admission charge to enter Aqueduct Racetrack. Large coolers and outside alcohol are not permitted.
· America's Day at the Races will present live coverage and analysis of every day of Belmont at the Big A on the networks of FOX Sports.
· For the broadcast schedule and channel finder, visit NYRA.com/TV
· Standard admission: $10
· NYRA Bets Members: $5
NFL Sundays at Longshots
· In addition to the standard offering of simulcast signals, Longshots will be airing all the NFL action on Sundays this fall. Admission to the bar on Sundays will be $25, which includes select gameday food offerings. Admission to the simulcast area will be $10.
Food & Beverage
· Triple Crown Café
· Silks Bar
· Horsemen’s Lounge
Open Saturdays and select Sundays:
· Free parking is available in all Resorts World Casino surface lots and Resorts World Casino garage.
· Parking is not currently available to the public in either the Clubhouse or Turf & Field parking lots.
For additional information, visit NYRA.com.